7-8 Tips To Great Preso’s
June 28, 2013 § 1 Comment
Note: Click the Left – Right Arrows In These Embedded Presentations – They work!
And Don’t Be This Guy
Note: Too many slides here but Nancy Duarte is an expert in this field – so flip through quickly – you’ll find some “pearls” of wisdom in the sea of slides:
I’ve summarized the slides / points that matter the most (to me): Next time I’m on stage I’m reviewing these notes below….
1) Audience – Readiness – tend to the ecosystem (Who?, What?, Why?, How?)
- Who are they? – walk in their shoes – what’s their perspective?
- Why are they here? situational analysis
- What keeps them up at night?
- How can you help solve their problem?
- What do you want them to do / think about?
- How can you best reach them?
- How might they resist?
2) Engage – Connect – OPEN WITH A PUNCH (You get 60 seconds to grab audience attention – no matter who you are)
Move with Purpose – Eye Contact – Pause Effectively
3) Add Playfulness
- Interact – throw something –
- Make a Point – Use Audience Member (will I be next?)
4) Body Language: Our bodies can change our minds, our minds change our behavior, our behavior changes our outcomes.
- No tech life hack
- Audit of your body
- Power = Open Up – Get Wide
- Powerless = small, wrap up
- Fake It until you become it: – when forced to smile – hold pen in teeth – makes you happier
- Our minds changes our bodies? – do our bodies change our minds?
- Role changes also shape the mind/body chemistry
- PRESENCE is most important – (Passion, confidence, authentic, comfortable, captivating,enthusiastic)
- 2 Minutes of Powerful Pose – configure your brain – testosterone up, cortisol down
5) STAR Moments
- shocking stats
- evocative visuals
- emotive storytelling
- repeatable soundbites
Great advice on great presentations cookie! JP Spira