October 8, 2013 § Leave a comment
Mozilla spent the last 4 days at our 3rd worldwide summit. Just over 1800 Mozillians gathered at 3 locations (Brussels, Toronto, and Santa Clara) to reconnect, engage, and reinforce the vision and the mission for the next 10+ years. It was a powerful event.
This is a great time and opportunity to share Seth Godin’s Tribe Talk from TED. I encourage all Mozillians to VIEW. Even if you’ve seen it before or read his Tribes book, please WATCH again. It’s 17 minutes AND worth it. At a minimum pick a mark below and try a sample. Or, if you only have time for 3 minutes, pick the 14:00-17:00 Min Mark. I’m confident you will find something very worthwhile in one of these segments.
MY KEY “MARKS” FROM THIS VIDEO:
- Inflection point of change; New model of leadership (4:00 Min. Mark)
- Tribes (7:00 Min Mark)
- You Don’t Need Everyone. Maybe Just 1000! (9:30 Mark) > 1M Mozillians?….
- Decisions on Products and Services (10:30 Mark)
- Heretics (12:00 Mark) – an ode to you Pascal!
- Tell a Story with 3 Questions (14:00)
- WHO “Exactly” Are You UPSETTING?
- WHO Are You CONNECTING?
- WHO Are you LEADING?
- Key Leadership Elements (Challenge Everything, Build a Culture, Curiosity, Connection, Commit): (16:00 Min – END)
EXPERIMENT?: For those of you that follow this blog or the @cookflix Twitter auto-post, let’s try a Tribe/Committment experiment. Let’s see how many Mozillians we can reach WITHOUT email. Do it in whatever way you do it (retweeting, forwarding, Yammer, IRC, whatever).