VC Influencer Graph
August 3, 2013 § 1 Comment
Ok, I’ve heard from a few readers of this blog loud and clear. The “Live Like Dogs” and “What’s Your Walk Up Song” posts are cute but “Can you please get back to some good data and analysis”? The next few posts will be just that. Here goes.
Zeno Group just published a great slideshare on VC Influencers including an analysis of the top VC’s social media consumption habits. They used Twitter stats, LinkedIn stats, and an online survey targeting the top 100 VC’s as published by the Forbes Midas List.
The results are a combination of unique and interesting data as well as confirmational data for anyone spending time following these folks on these social media networks or interacting with these VC’s and reporters as part of their jobs.
I’m republishing the results on this blog mostly for my own convenience since I’ve noticed these types of published results quickly get lost in our ephemeral and quick twitch world of data coming at us.
Here’s a quick summary which I found interesting:
- 37 of Top 100 VC’s have LESS than 500 Connections on LinkedIn. So, don’t feel so bad if you haven’t achieved this mark yet.
- 36 of Top 100 VC’s are still NOT ON TWITTER. Of 64 who are on Twitter, the median # of followers is 3,450 (# of people the VC’s Influence). The top 6 VC Influencers have a median of 10,500 followers
- 63% follow their PEER GROUP (other VC Partners, VC Firms, or Tech Executives and Entrepreneurs)
- 19% follow Media Brands/Journalists
- HEAVILY WEIGHTED to @WaltMossberg (WSJ), @KaraSwisher (AllThingsD), @DanPrimack (Fortune), Sarah Lacy (@sarahcuda PandoDaily), Adam Lashinsky (@adamlashinsky Fortune). They also follow TechCrunch
- The top 100 VC’s are using Twitter and LinkedIn to STAY CONNECTED and FOR NEWS/TRENDS